Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED!!! VISIT HTTP://WWW.CARNAGE-GAMING.CO.UK

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Carnage-Gaming.co.uk Is live!!
PC output to a TV? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:04 am by Israfil

» Secret World and others
PC output to a TV? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:50 pm by chickenturbine

» Star Wars: The Old Republic
PC output to a TV? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm by Bitterness

» Dragon Age
PC output to a TV? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:43 am by Israfil

» Bioshock 2
PC output to a TV? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:53 pm by Bitterness

CoD4 Clan Server
Top posters
Ashrak
PC output to a TV? I_vote_lcapPC output to a TV? I_voting_barPC output to a TV? I_vote_rcap 
Idaeus
PC output to a TV? I_vote_lcapPC output to a TV? I_voting_barPC output to a TV? I_vote_rcap 
Cheesy
chickenturbine
Israfil
Munchie
Smellyferret
Cryten
Bitterness
Freon

PC output to a TV?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheesy
If you get here you win a prize!! Congrats! you Suck!
If you get here you win a prize!!  Congrats! you Suck!
Cheesy

PC output to a TV? Empty
PostSubject: PC output to a TV?   PC output to a TV? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:12 pm

I've recently 'acquired' (!) quite a few films on the PC but sitting at my desk watching a film is not as comfortable as sitting in bed watching one! My PC is on the opposite side of the wall to my bedroom TV so I wanna hook them shiz up!

I've checked and my gfx card has a second output so I was wondering if you can get a cable from that to the aux connections (you know, red, yellow etc) on the back of the tv. This way I can just set it going, sit back and enjoy!

Is this possible or am I gonna have t sit at my desk?!

Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
chickenturbine
I can play this Hard on Guitar Hero!
chickenturbine

PC output to a TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC output to a TV?   PC output to a TV? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:55 pm

what are the outputs on gfx DVI or analog i'm guessing dvi ?
Back to top Go down
chickenturbine
chickenturbine

PC output to a TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC output to a TV?   PC output to a TV? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:12 pm

this i think could be one option it's not using dvi but u should be able to connect it to a s-video output most gfx cards have them take a gander see if it's any good not had chance to look properly cos i'm off out but will check a bit more for ya later but in a nut shell you should be able to connect it up that way
http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=1/sf=category/op=eq/nu=0/su=1/tf=sku/se=PC/se=to/se=TV/se=Kits.html
Back to top Go down
Cheesy
If you get here you win a prize!! Congrats! you Suck!
If you get here you win a prize!!  Congrats! you Suck!
Cheesy

PC output to a TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC output to a TV?   PC output to a TV? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:41 pm

Cheers mate. Yes it is a dvi connection but the more I look into it I think your solution using the s-video out will be the best option (and the cheapest!). It seems cos its going to a TV and not a minotor, the loss in quality against a dvi cable would be minimal.
Back to top Go down
chickenturbine
chickenturbine

PC output to a TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC output to a TV?   PC output to a TV? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 4:33 am

yeah i remember looking into this before and it can get very expensive but this also from the same place will sort out your video signal to the phono that you wanted in the first place making it the red white and yellow phono's with the kit i mentioned earlyer which to be honest like you have said wont cost the earth hope its helped anyway bud afro

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/AD006.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PC output to a TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC output to a TV?   PC output to a TV? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC output to a TV?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Help and Advice *NOW LOCKED - VISIT NEW SITE* :: Technician's Corner-
Jump to: