Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED!!! VISIT HTTP://WWW.CARNAGE-GAMING.CO.UK

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Carnage-Gaming.co.uk Is live!!
Anyone a bookworm? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:04 am by Israfil

» Secret World and others
Anyone a bookworm? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:50 pm by chickenturbine

» Star Wars: The Old Republic
Anyone a bookworm? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm by Bitterness

» Dragon Age
Anyone a bookworm? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:43 am by Israfil

» Bioshock 2
Anyone a bookworm? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:53 pm by Bitterness

CoD4 Clan Server
Top posters
Ashrak
Anyone a bookworm? I_vote_lcapAnyone a bookworm? I_voting_barAnyone a bookworm? I_vote_rcap 
Idaeus
Anyone a bookworm? I_vote_lcapAnyone a bookworm? I_voting_barAnyone a bookworm? I_vote_rcap 
Cheesy
chickenturbine
Israfil
Munchie
Smellyferret
Cryten
Bitterness
Freon

Anyone a bookworm?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashrak
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
Ashrak

Anyone a bookworm? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone a bookworm?   Anyone a bookworm? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:44 pm

I know I am, I love to read book (mainly fiction) the Warhammer 40k books, horror, some sci-fi, gritty crime books.. read a good one called "Out" about a japanese woman who got hired by the yakuza as a "Disposal" worker.. was very good Smile

Anyway, to the point... those of you who watched Zeitgeist (spelling) may like this.. it's a book spawned from watching it and the auther has written what sounds to be a very good book.. Take a look at the link.. I think I may get this one

http://brewerblob.blogspot.com/2009/02/coming-soon-david-moodys-hater.html
Back to top Go down
Cryten
I eat posts for breakfast
I eat posts for breakfast

Anyone a bookworm? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone a bookworm?   Anyone a bookworm? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:04 pm

Sounds good, what I read in the link reminds me of a Stephen King novel I've just started reading called CELL.

Quote :
Clayton Riddell, a struggling artist from Maine who is estranged from his wife, Sharon, and a young son named Johnny, has landed a lucrative graphic novel deal in Boston
after having spent years teaching art instead of producing it. As he
prepares to celebrate, somebody, somewhere, triggers "The Pulse," a
signal sent out over the global cell-phone network which instantly
strips any cell-phone user of their ability to reason, locking them
into blood-thirsty, homicidal creatures. Civilization crumbles as the
masses of Pulse's victims (dubbed "phone crazies" or simply "phoners")
attack each other and any unaltered people in view.

Only read the first dozen pages or so, but in typical SK fashion you're thrown right into the action by page 6
Back to top Go down
Ashrak
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
Ashrak

Anyone a bookworm? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone a bookworm?   Anyone a bookworm? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Never been a King fan tbh.. tried reading a few of his books but he tends to go off on tangents while describing shit.. the films are good but the books are just a bit too lengthy.

Richard Layman is a good writer, he's like stephen king but doesn't hang on describing things.. just gets right in to the grit of it and writes in a way that lets your imagination run free Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anyone a bookworm? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone a bookworm?   Anyone a bookworm? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone a bookworm?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public - *NOW LOCKED - VISIT NEW SITE* :: General-
Jump to: