Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED!!! VISIT HTTP://WWW.CARNAGE-GAMING.CO.UK

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Carnage-Gaming.co.uk Is live!!
How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:04 am by Israfil

» Secret World and others
How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:50 pm by chickenturbine

» Star Wars: The Old Republic
How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm by Bitterness

» Dragon Age
How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:43 am by Israfil

» Bioshock 2
How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:53 pm by Bitterness

CoD4 Clan Server
Top posters
Ashrak
How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES I_vote_lcapHow to Prevent DUST BUNNIES I_voting_barHow to Prevent DUST BUNNIES I_vote_rcap 
Idaeus
How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES I_vote_lcapHow to Prevent DUST BUNNIES I_voting_barHow to Prevent DUST BUNNIES I_vote_rcap 
Cheesy
chickenturbine
Israfil
Munchie
Smellyferret
Cryten
Bitterness
Freon

How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Freon
I know where the Submit button is
Freon

How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Empty
PostSubject: How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES   How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 5:02 pm

Unless you can live in a DUST FREE zone, DUST BUNNIES will find thier way into your pc.

DUST BUNNIES are dust clumps made up of - hair, dead skin cells, fibres and if you smoke in your home sticky dust, made up of TAR and all the other nasty things, ( i smoke but not inside my house btw, so its not an anti smoke line )

Below are some ways to help reduce the build up of dust inside your case, and shortening the life of your pc components and helping to prevent overheating.

1) If possible try to have your pc case OFF the floor and on your desk, so as not to be sucking up dust / fibres from the floor.
2)Keep your wrok station (desk) clean and dust once a week ( If you have a girlfriend they are pretty good at doing this for you ) Very Happy
3)Try and buy as pc case with air filters, if you dont have air filters then make your own. (see my other post on custom air filters)
4)Clean your pc out once a month if you seem to get a dusty pc a lot, or once every 3 months if like me your room is not to bad.
Back to top Go down
Smellyferret
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.. unless you're me I have lots!
Smellyferret

PostSubject: Re: How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES   How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:52 am

Not using your PC also helps Smile lololololol!
Back to top Go down
Freon
Freon

PostSubject: dust bunnies   How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 pm

what do you mean not using my pc also helps?
my old pc is not to bad at hovering up dust, omg im obsessed with dust !!!

Anyway who here has the HAF 932? whats that like up sucking up air?
Back to top Go down
Ashrak
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
Ashrak

PostSubject: Re: How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES   How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:41 pm

Chicken has one.. I'm sure he'll have tons of stuff to tell ya bout it Smile
Back to top Go down
chickenturbine
I can play this Hard on Guitar Hero!
I can play this Hard on Guitar Hero!
chickenturbine

PostSubject: Re: How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES   How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:19 pm

well as far as air sucking this case is a monster its no joke why its called HAF (high air flow) the 3 230mm/30mm fans really keep a nice chilled air flow throughout the case and as for layout its great loads of room if you want to go the watercooling route not done that myself really is no tools needed to assemble apart from the obvious a srew driver to screw down ya board, HDD rack simpley pop ya drive in click the pins on whichever of the 5 tray options and it's done all of which are sat behind one of the big ass fan's mentioned earlyer
my fave thing about the case is the cable management system it has, so easy and tidy to use would have been nice to have some led touch buttons like on the cosmos sport but i think it would take the roughened look that i like away from the case all in all i give it 9/10 only a 9 as i think coolermaster shouldn't have been cheap and could have made the big ass fan on the side pannel a red one too.
As for dust which was the topic it does have rather large holes in the mesh pannels at the top and on the side pannel so dust will defo get in this monster afro
Back to top Go down
Smellyferret
Smellyferret

PostSubject: Re: How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES   How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:32 pm

My Antec 900 case is a right bugger for sucking in the dust (and I have the fans on low!)

Next rebuild I plan to do the 'tights' trick to try and keep some out, but till then i'm stuck with the careful hoovering!
Back to top Go down
Ashrak
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
Ashrak

PostSubject: Re: How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES   How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 4:33 am

got a cosmos "s" and not touched the inside for about 3 months now.. my bedroom is quite a dusty place, dunno why. My last pc needed a clean out every month it got that gammed up. I'll take a pic of what my new case is like tomorrow. (don't really trust my self openin me case and taking pics after a day on the piss right now lol)
Back to top Go down
Spiff
I R Noob! Baby Forum poster..
I R Noob! Baby Forum poster..

PostSubject: Re: How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES   How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Craig if you get washed more you will stop all the dust mate! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES   How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Prevent DUST BUNNIES
Page 1 of 1