Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED!!! VISIT HTTP://WWW.CARNAGE-GAMING.CO.UK

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Carnage-Gaming.co.uk Is live!!
DUST BUNNIES! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:04 am by Israfil

» Secret World and others
DUST BUNNIES! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:50 pm by chickenturbine

» Star Wars: The Old Republic
DUST BUNNIES! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm by Bitterness

» Dragon Age
DUST BUNNIES! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:43 am by Israfil

» Bioshock 2
DUST BUNNIES! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:53 pm by Bitterness

CoD4 Clan Server
Top posters
Ashrak
DUST BUNNIES! I_vote_lcapDUST BUNNIES! I_voting_barDUST BUNNIES! I_vote_rcap 
Idaeus
Cheesy
chickenturbine
Israfil
Munchie
Smellyferret
Cryten
Bitterness
Freon

DUST BUNNIES!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Freon
I know where the Submit button is
Freon

DUST BUNNIES! Empty
PostSubject: DUST BUNNIES!   DUST BUNNIES! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 4:50 pm

Just thought i would make a post about dust bunnies.

I was wondering how people here go about getting rid of unwanted dust that has collected inside their pc's

I have a link here to a website that shows some shocking sites and some DO's and DONT's about how to clean yor pc.

Heres how i do it.
ALWAYS TRY TO DISCHARGE YOURSELF OF STAIC BY TOCUHING A GROUNDED METAL OBJECT LIKE THE CASE OF YOUR PC, or wear a anti static wrist band.

1)Unplug all the wires i.e powersupply usb etc from back of pc
so my unit can be placed on the floor on its side to work on.
2)Using a vacuum cleaner with hose attachments ( the pipe with the thin end for better suction ) and an artists paint brush with natural bristles, i start on the out side intakes and exhaust ports front and back, (removing the front bezzle from your pc, and remove any air filters you may have and remove the dust they have caught).
3)Open panel off pc and remove connections from hardrives and optical drives floppy if you have one, and all pci cards.
4)Remove all your cards and drives from your pc and clean down with brush and vacuum away the dust.
5)Remove heat sink and fan from processor. clean heatsink and fan with brush using vaccum to suck dust away while brushing.
6)Using lint free cloth wipe down optical drives.
7)Using my paint brush i gently brush dust off components on motherboard, using vaccum to suck up the dust as its removed ( taking care not to hold vacuum to close to motherboard as you dont want to bend or break anything or worse of all short anything out)
8)If you have lots of wires in your case, dont forget to clean them as they catch dust and impeed airflow in your case so try to have them tucked neat out of the way, with sleeves if possible.
9) If your warranty on your PSU is over i would clean your PSU inside make sure its unplugged first though ^^ as these collect a lot of dust inside also.)
10) Put everything back together in the order it came apart in the first place.

Some people will tell you NEVER use a vaccum cleaner on the inside of your pc case as it creates staic electricity and will short out you pc, this is proberly true but i have always used this technique to clean my pc and i have NEVER had any problems with it, compressed air is proberly the safest method however id take my pc outside and blow the dust out, not in your room as its going to re-enter your pc at some point in time when it settles down.
albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino
http://icrontic.com/articles/tech_tips_dust_bunnies_from_hell

http://www.which.co.uk/advice/how-to-clean-your-pc/how-to-clean-your-computer/index.jsp

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-Vacuum-Cleaner-Your-Laptop/dp/B000Q02I7C

please let me know how you guys clean your pc's, as i dont think ill use a vaccum cleaner on the inside of my pc anymore as i dont want to take the chance of blowing up a £200+ motherboard.
Back to top Go down
Cheesy
If you get here you win a prize!! Congrats! you Suck!
If you get here you win a prize!!  Congrats! you Suck!
Cheesy

DUST BUNNIES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUST BUNNIES!   DUST BUNNIES! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:16 pm

Honestly mate, I've never cleaned mine before - don't see the point as electrics work fine even if they are covered in dust (just look at ur TV - how often do u open that one up and have a clean around?!).

The only thing I might do is blow on it if I was in there messing around, but I certainly don't make an effort to do it.

So to sum up...I have no tips for ya...!
Back to top Go down
Freon
Freon

DUST BUNNIES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUST BUNNIES!   DUST BUNNIES! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:28 pm

maybe your pc is not sucking in air just blowing out and thats why it never gets dusty inside.
Back to top Go down
Ashrak
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
Ashrak

DUST BUNNIES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUST BUNNIES!   DUST BUNNIES! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:40 pm

ninja compressed air does the trick.. half the time same result Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DUST BUNNIES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUST BUNNIES!   DUST BUNNIES! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DUST BUNNIES!
Page 1 of 1