Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED!!! VISIT HTTP://WWW.CARNAGE-GAMING.CO.UK

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Carnage-Gaming.co.uk Is live!!
upgrade? Vista Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:04 am by Israfil

» Secret World and others
upgrade? Vista Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:50 pm by chickenturbine

» Star Wars: The Old Republic
upgrade? Vista Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm by Bitterness

» Dragon Age
upgrade? Vista Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:43 am by Israfil

» Bioshock 2
upgrade? Vista Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:53 pm by Bitterness

CoD4 Clan Server
Top posters
Ashrak
upgrade? Vista I_vote_lcapupgrade? Vista I_voting_barupgrade? Vista I_vote_rcap 
Idaeus
Cheesy
chickenturbine
Israfil
Munchie
Smellyferret
Cryten
Bitterness
Freon

upgrade? Vista

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smellyferret
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.. unless you're me I have lots!
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.. unless you're me I have lots!
Smellyferret

upgrade? Vista Empty
PostSubject: upgrade? Vista   upgrade? Vista Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:42 pm

Just installed another 250gig HDD (western digital) into my PC (I'll post the specs at some point!).

Onto that HDD I have installed VIsta 64bit ultimate (dual booting with xp that i already had!)

install was very easy, only GFX and speakers needed driver downloads (ATI radeon 1950pro / logitech Z10 usb speakers) all very easy.

Now i just need to get used to Vista and get the settings tweaked for my liking!

Current vista rating is 5.0 (let down by my processor apparently! (its an E6320 core 2 duo) not too bothered as It runs at 17c normally so i have loads of room to overclock if it became an issue!
Back to top Go down
Ashrak
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
Ashrak

upgrade? Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrade? Vista   upgrade? Vista Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 7:38 pm

I used to run Vista 32 a bit back and it made me sick.. hated it and went back to XP. Recently built a new rig and put Vista 64, HUUUUGE difference.. I find it very likable now.. it's fast, looks good (reminds me a bit of linux). still have little nags about it but nothing serious. My system gets a 5.9 in it.

Personally I think M$ should look in to releasing specific OS versions to suit the users main task.. e.g. gamers get a stripped version of vista with streamlined programs made specifically for gaming etc.. they did try to do something similar but basic, enterprise and ultimate or all based around the system you have rather than the tasks you use it for..
Back to top Go down
chickenturbine
I can play this Hard on Guitar Hero!
I can play this Hard on Guitar Hero!
chickenturbine

upgrade? Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrade? Vista   upgrade? Vista Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:27 pm

wouldnt that be fecking awsome a gamers OS could have little extras thrown in like overclocking software bit like the asus ai booster stuff nothing to major and ts to be included with little treasures like 3dmark all the geeky shit that gamers are inclinde to liking lol think i do recall having this conversation with you a while ago Ash lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

upgrade? Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: upgrade? Vista   upgrade? Vista Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

upgrade? Vista
Page 1 of 1