Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED!!! VISIT HTTP://WWW.CARNAGE-GAMING.CO.UK

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Carnage-Gaming.co.uk Is live!!
Will this work? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:04 am by Israfil

» Secret World and others
Will this work? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:50 pm by chickenturbine

» Star Wars: The Old Republic
Will this work? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm by Bitterness

» Dragon Age
Will this work? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:43 am by Israfil

» Bioshock 2
Will this work? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:53 pm by Bitterness

CoD4 Clan Server
Top posters
Ashrak
Will this work? I_vote_lcapWill this work? I_voting_barWill this work? I_vote_rcap 
Idaeus
Will this work? I_vote_lcapWill this work? I_voting_barWill this work? I_vote_rcap 
Cheesy
chickenturbine
Israfil
Munchie
Smellyferret
Cryten
Bitterness
Freon

Will this work?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheesy
If you get here you win a prize!! Congrats! you Suck!
If you get here you win a prize!!  Congrats! you Suck!
Cheesy

Will this work? Empty
PostSubject: Will this work?   Will this work? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:14 pm

My hard drive is full atm and prob part of the reason why I was running so slow on WAR last night.

If I get a new drive, I don't know how to transfer over everything easily (ie saved games files for CoD etc) so can I plug up another drive as a slave and use that for WoW/WAR which dont need saved game data?

Will this work or is it best to start from scratch with everything?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Ashrak
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
Ashrak

Will this work? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will this work?   Will this work? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:02 am

It will work but you'll need to re-install the games on to your 2nd HDD.. unfortunately you can't just copy folders accross due to registry entries which tell windows where certain files have been put...

In all honesty I'd do a fresh install after copying your needed files (e.g. My documents, the player folder from CoD.. any music, pics, vids etc) to your 2nd drive.. format and re-install windows on your primary drive, if you're unsure which drive to install on.. unplug your 2nd drive so that you can't make the mistake Smile

Once windows is back on you can put your data where you need it Smile
Back to top Go down
Smellyferret
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.. unless you're me I have lots!
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.. unless you're me I have lots!
Smellyferret

Will this work? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will this work?   Will this work? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:23 pm

plug in the 2nd drive as a slave and then transfer all your media etc accross to it.

Media files dont care where they are and will play from anywhere..

Games have registry entries and can get funny about it, however steam and WoW dont seem toi mind as much as other games as their copy protection is all online based and so their registry entries are not so tight.

Also run a disk cleanup / defrag / empty the pron out of the recycle bin etc Smile

all helps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Will this work? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will this work?   Will this work? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will this work?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Help and Advice *NOW LOCKED - VISIT NEW SITE* :: Technician's Corner-
Jump to: