Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED!!! VISIT HTTP://WWW.CARNAGE-GAMING.CO.UK

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Carnage-Gaming.co.uk Is live!!
New rig? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:04 am by Israfil

» Secret World and others
New rig? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:50 pm by chickenturbine

» Star Wars: The Old Republic
New rig? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm by Bitterness

» Dragon Age
New rig? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:43 am by Israfil

» Bioshock 2
New rig? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:53 pm by Bitterness

CoD4 Clan Server
Top posters
Ashrak
New rig? I_vote_lcapNew rig? I_voting_barNew rig? I_vote_rcap 
Idaeus
Cheesy
chickenturbine
Israfil
Munchie
Smellyferret
Cryten
Bitterness
Freon

New rig?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheesy
If you get here you win a prize!! Congrats! you Suck!
If you get here you win a prize!!  Congrats! you Suck!
Cheesy

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:15 am

Can I get some advice on this one pls? Looks real good to me for the price, wondering if anyone has any thoughts or advice on what would be better?

Thanks Smile

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-044-OK&groupid=43&catid=1184&subcat=&name=%22Titan%20Pro%22%208800GT%20AMD%20Athlon%2064%20X2%205600%202.80GHz%20Dual%20Core%20SILENT%20DDR2%20System
Back to top Go down
chickenturbine
I can play this Hard on Guitar Hero!
chickenturbine

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:22 am

nice rig i wouldn't get myself as i think if your going to get a new rig i would go intel (quad) when i get my new rig thats the root i'll be taking if you let me know the max you want to spend i'lll throw a few links your way also what sort of games will you be playing ?
one last thing which is an option is building it yourself via the overclockers website but that depends on wether you like to build yourself or wether you like to but pre builds
Back to top Go down
Cheesy
Cheesy

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:28 am

Cheers for the info Chicken. I always thought AMD was better than Intel for gaming though? Maybe that was the old days...?!

I was going to go for a pre built one, but only cos I don't know much about the software side of things. I can set up all the hardware but when it comes to setting up the bios and all that rubbish then my lil brain gets a wee bit confused!

The only thing I'm not sure about that link is the 2gb memory. I'd really prefer 4gb as at the minute I really only play CoD and Warcraft, but I want something thats gonna be able to handle newer games over the next year or so (they don't have to run uber fast, otherwise I'll be spending close to a grand, but I would like a machine that can run them!)

In total, prob wanna spend about £500 max, so I know I'm not going to get an all singing all dancing one for that range of dosh, but I know I can get a pretty decent one and a nice upgrade on what I have at the minute (current spec = AMD Athlon 2800+, 2.09GHz, 1gb ram, 256mb gfx)
Back to top Go down
Ashrak
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
Ashrak

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:32 am

I'll have a scout about for you matey.. yeah like ya said 4gb nowadays is probably gonna be the norm.. AMD are still good but Intel are leading the market with their quad stuff..

I nede to get some spare for work today so I'll have a look for you aswell Smile
Back to top Go down
Idaeus
Loves to punch the cock jokers in the FUCKING FACE
Idaeus

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:50 am

Go to ebuyer.co.uk and use these quick find codes, just had a quick look for ya

Back to top Go down
Ashrak
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
Ashrak

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:50 am

I think this would be a good system for you mate..
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-087-OK&groupid=43&catid=1080&subcat=&name=%22Titan%20Spirit%22%20GT

although what I'd do is probably sell the ram that comes with it on ebay and get 4gb of this
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-022-GS

may be a little over your budget but the system will keep your head above water for a while Smile especially if you run it on XP and not that fat greedy fucker Vista Smile

Do you concur Dr Idaeus? Smile
Back to top Go down
Idaeus
Loves to punch the cock jokers in the FUCKING FACE
Idaeus

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:17 pm

they are both nice, the parts that I listed come out at 501.26 with delivery, and is pretty much future proof as far as the mb and processor and ram go
Back to top Go down
chickenturbine
chickenturbine

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:24 pm

see what you think to this i've compared it to the overclockers system and it is preety much better in every way
hope this help's i and if ash or idaeus wanna give there opinion on the pre build it comes to
Price: £504.80 inc. VAT (£429.62 exc. VAT)
Standard Spec:
CPU: Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600
Motherboard: Asus P5N-D (nForce 750i chipset, SLI)
Memory: 4.0GB Corsair DDR2 800mhz XMS2 (2x 2GB)
Hard Drives: 500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s
Optical Drive: 20x DVD±RW DL S-ATA Lightscribe
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 512MB
Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio
Operating System: No Operating System - I will install my own
PSU: 450W KingWin
Case: Coolermaster Mystique 631
Warranty: 3 Year Bronze Warranty
also you can customize it like for 45 quid more you could have a 9800GTX in ect so have a little play around there is no operating system with it as the price stands but you can add that if you want i wasnt sure if you'll be running XP or VISTA this is definatly gonna eat the games you'll be playing for breakfast

http://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/22-002-SLI-Gaming-PC-Intel-Core-2-Quad-Q6600-4GB-RAM-500GB-HD-9800GT-94p391.htm
Back to top Go down
Cheesy
Cheesy

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:18 pm

Thanks for the help boys. Going over budget is not the end of the world and the advise is great. I'll see what I can sort from the info about over the next couple of weeks Twisted Evil

Oh and it will def be XP, not Vista. I've heard nothing but bad things about the newbie!
Back to top Go down
chickenturbine
chickenturbine

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:32 am

that's ok matey glad to help one last thing xp doesnt reconise over 2/3 gig of ram some people get away with 3 others 2 from what i've read but with 4 gig of ram you shuldn't have any probs with vista its just a power hungry son of a bitch worked fine when i tried it on mine only took it off cos i've only got 2 gig myself when i upgrade my sytem i think i will be taking the vista path afro
Back to top Go down
Ashrak
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
YEEEAARRG! YoHo, Ahoy!
Ashrak

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:44 am

put it this way, vista is nice.. very nice.. but if you have a game that needs 2gb ram in XP vista needs 3.5gb.. if you use Vista then y9u have to accommadate the 1.5gb just for the os before you factor in your games.. if that makes sense... XP is better for RAM consumption.. vista .. DX10 and other goodies.. XP all the way for me for gaming, vista a maybe in the future..

p.s. vista isn't M$ top priority anymore and they've re-opened XP support cos Vista is that bad Smile they're working on a newOS that is more efficient.. think ME and Xp Smile
Back to top Go down
Cheesy
Cheesy

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:38 pm

chickenturbine wrote:
that's ok matey glad to help one last thing xp doesnt reconise over 2/3 gig of ram some people get away with 3 others 2 from what i've read but with 4 gig of ram you shuldn't have any probs with vista its just a power hungry son of a bitch worked fine when i tried it on mine only took it off cos i've only got 2 gig myself when i upgrade my sytem i think i will be taking the vista path afro

Even tho XP doesn't recognise the extra, surely that won't affect any applications? They must still be able to use all the extra otherwise what is the point in having it? Or did I miss the point completely lol?!
Back to top Go down
chickenturbine
chickenturbine

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:53 pm

from talking with ash i've scrapped the vista idea but he said in regards to good old reliable xp they maybe working on something in a new service pack when it comes out which fingers crossed they will do something about the ram eg it registaring more than 2/3 gig ask ash about it when you catch him on ts matey afro
Back to top Go down
Cheesy
Cheesy

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:24 pm

Will do. Cheers Chicken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New rig? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rig?   New rig? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New rig?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Gamers Corner - *NOW LOCKED - VISIT NEW SITE* :: New Rig's, Gadgets and other Treasures-
Jump to: